Becoming a Donor
||Assuring health and safety for everyone|
To maintain high health standards, a member of our professional medical staff gives every potential donor a medical screening examination, and gathers medical history information. This is for the donors safety as well as the quality and safety of the product, and we assure the utmost respect to donor privacy.
Plasma donors must be 18 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health, and meet proper identification and residency requirements. Donors cannot be listed on the National Donor Deferral Registry or in our Permanent Deferral Donor Base. In addition, donors must live within a marketing radius.
|Before you donate, please inform center staff if you have had any of these conditions:|
· Seizures after infancy, for any reason
· Treatment for substance abuse
· Major surgery within the last 6 months
· Tattoo, touch-up or piercing within the last 12 months
· Any medical condition requiring medication or a doctors care
Center staff will need information about donors’ health status. Therefore, all donors are given a pre-screening questionnaire. Here is a preview of some of the questions we ask.*
1. You must weigh at least 110 pounds.**
**Additional weight restrictions may apply. Please contact the CSL Plasma center nearest you for more information.
2. Do you have proof of identity including a Social Security number?
3. Do you live within a marketing radius?
4. Are you between the ages of 18 and 65?***
*** Excludes Montgomery, AL
5. Do you have any infectious diseases?
* Please note that the list of pre-screening questions above is not exhaustive. Center staff may ask additional questions in order to determine donor eligibility.