Who can donate?
- Must be in good health
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Weigh at least 110 lbs
- Have valid identification and a permanent address
- Have had no tattoos or piercings within the last 12 months
What should you bring?
- A valid Government issued photo identification with DOB (Example: Passport, Driver’s License, Canadian Citizen Card with Photo, Canadian Permanent Resident Card with signature, Nexus Card, or other documents that verify date of birth with the photo)
- Proof of Canadian Social Security number such as a valid Social Insurance Card (SIN) or other Government issued documents indicating your SIN
- Proof of local residency (Example: Piece of mail postmarked in the past 30 days, current lease, utility bill, etc.)
What you can do to prepare before donating
- Drink 4-6 eight-ounce glasses of water, fruit juice or other caffeine-free liquid at least 2 to 3 hours before donation
- Avoid caffeinated beverages
- Avoid alcohol of any type for 24 hours before you donate
- Eat a meal prior to donation
- Get adequate sleep
First time donors, please contact the center to confirm that your home address is within our recruitment area prior to visiting since it varies per location.
*New donors can earn up to $400. Compensation and promotions for eligible, qualified donors vary by location and weight. Ask the center manager at your preferred donation location for details about your compensation.